Monday, August 9, 2010

Shiver Review

Shiver by Maggive Stiefvater

Shiver is the first book in a three part series. It stars a young girl, Grace, who has always been fascinated by the wolves that live in the woods behind her house. There is one wolf in particular that she feels eerily drawn to, one who she feels she can't live without. Little does Grace know, she is about to meet her wolf for the first time...
I really enjoyed this book, it was a rather quick read due to the fact that I was so entranced by the language; it definitely kept me wanting more. It contains quotes that appeal to romantics, such as myself…quotes such as these: “'You're beautiful and sad,’ I said finally, not looking at him when I did. ‘Just like your eyes. You're like a song that I heard when I was a little kid but forgot I knew until I heard it again.’ For a long moment there was only the whirring sound of the tires on the road, and then Sam said softly, ‘Thank you.’” and also...  "It is possible to be in love with you just because of who you are."
The language can be intense, lyrical, and romantic. This is a great read and I highly recommend it!

❧ Stevi

No comments:

Post a Comment